top of page
  • How are your candles made?
    Each Drinking Dog & Co candle is made with premium soy wax and premium fragrances in our kitchen in Gastown.
  • How long will my candle burn?
    With proper care, your Drinking Dog & Co candle will burn for up to 50 hours, and the mini candles in our advent calendar will burn for 16+ hours.
  • How do I get the most burn time out of my candle?
    We recommend burning your candle for at least 3 hours on your first use. On subsequent uses, burn until the wax is fully melted on the top of the candle, rather than forming a pool around the wick. Shorter burns can reduce the total life of your candle. Between uses, trim your wick down to 1/2" before relighting. You can use a wick trimmer, but we think scissors or nail clippers work just fine! Additionally, we do not recommend burning your candles for too long. Keep an eye on your candle while it's burning, and blow it out before all of the wax has melted.
  • Which charities do you support?
    Drinking Doc & Co is happy to donate 10% of our total sales to a different animal charity each month. Stay tuned to our Instagram page to find out which charity we are supporting this month, or check our Charity Partners page.
  • I'm happy with my purchase! Where can I go to sing your praises?
    We love hearing your reviews! Feel free to pass along any feedback to us directly at We also love social media shout outs! Don't forget to tag us in any of your posts or stories on Instagram (@drinkingdogco).
  • I am unhappy with my purchase. Who can I go to for help?
    We stand by the quality of our candles, and want every single one of our customers to be happy with their purchases. If you have any issues with your purchase, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at
  • My candle cracked! What gives?!
    Yikes! We know it can be alarming if the glass on your candle suddenly cracks. While we use heat-safe glass for all of our candles, there are some other factors that can cause the glass to weaken. First, make sure you store your candles at room temperature. Storing them in a cold spot (like your garage), and then lighting them can cause a sudden temperature change, which can shock the glass. Second, make sure you aren't burning your candles for too long. If a candle is left to burn for many hours, it can overheat and cause the glass to crack. We recommend snuffing out your candle before the wax is fully melted. Last, proper wick care is essential. Not only does it help extend the life of your candle, it also stops soot from building up in the candle. Excess soot can clog the wick, causing the glass to snap.
bottom of page